Public Education Program
The Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County is a leader in promoting diversity and the co-existence of cultures. Our Public Education Program offers customized diversity & anti-racism training in the community, to the not-for profit, public, and private sector. Following an in-depth needs assessment, each workshop is tailored to the individual needs of the client organization.
- Assess and increase levels of cultural awareness.
- Help organizations to become culturally competent and monitor progress.
- Increase accessibility of client organizations.
- Promote the Multicultural Council’s services through talks, presentations, multimedia displays, and other public appearances.
- Train volunteers to become members of the Speakers Bureau and facilitate diversity training.
ANTI-RACISM & CULTURAL DIVERSITY TRAINING FOR ORGANIZATIONS, AGENCIES, AND BUSINESSES:
Purpose of the training:
- Address issues and barriers to cultural diversity in the work force.
- Increase productivity and workplace harmony through the development of culturally sensitive interpersonal skills.
- Improve organizations’ outreach and service skills for the multicultural community.
- Promote anti racism and cultural diversity in Canadian society through education, information sharing, and open community relations.
Workshop Participants will:
- Become familiar with a variety of topics that examine the diversity of our community.
- Be encouraged to create diverse teams and make use of the multicultural advantage.
- Be enabled to develop and implement programs and services that address the diversity of the community, their organization or business.
- Your business or organization will be professionally equipped to:
- Develop awareness of diversity issues.
- Make programs and services more inclusive.
- Service a larger portion of the community / broaden their customer base.
- Become culturally sensitive.
- Customized workshops can be presented to your organization at the offices of the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County or on site, at the venue of your choice.
Topics include but are not limited to:
|The Diverse Community of Windsor & Essex County||Building Diversity in the Workplace|
|Exploring Culture, Religion and Spirituality||Outreaching to a Diverse Community ;|
|Health and Culture||Cross-Cultural Communication|
|Understanding Culture Shock||Racism, Prejudice and Discrimination|
For more information and program fees, or to request diversity training/public speaking, please contact the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County at (519) 255-1127
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COURSES 2013