Welcoming Communities Initiative (WCI)
Enhancing Civic Partcipation through Volunteer Activity
Goal: To promote and strengthen the civic particpation of immigrants in the Windsor - Essex community through volunteer actvity.
- To create more inclusive volunteer programs within particpating not-for-profit organizations through the identification and removal of barriers for particiaption.
- To recruit and orient new immigrants to the benefits of volunteer engagment.
- To enhance the knowledge and skills of new immigrants through volunteer involvment.
- To provide new immigrants with the information required to identify discriminatory practices, understand human rights legislation, and diversity issues.
- To develop best practices in volunteer management with immigrants and share this information in Ontario Communities.
Please login to view downloadable material.
Duplication, adaptation and non-commercial use of the materials and resources is encouraged, as long as proper credit and referencing is used as follows: Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County, Training Guide on Involving Volunteers from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds, 2011. For additional information please contact: (519) 255-1127 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org