Welcoming Communities Initiative (WCI)
Enhancing Civic Participation through Volunteer Activity
Goal: To promote and strengthen the civic participation of immigrants in the Windsor - Essex community through volunteer activity.
- To create more inclusive volunteer programs within participating not-for-profit organizations through the identification and removal of barriers for participation.
- To recruit and orient new immigrants to the benefits of volunteer engagement.
- To enhance the knowledge and skills of new immigrants through volunteer involvement.
- To provide new immigrants with the information required to identify discriminatory practices, understand human rights legislation, and diversity issues.
- To develop best practices in volunteer management with immigrants and share this information in Ontario Communities.
Please login to view downloadable material.
Duplication, adaptation and non-commercial use of the materials and resources is encouraged, as long as proper credit and referencing is used as follows: Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County, Training Guide on Involving Volunteers from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds, 2011. For additional information please contact: (519) 255-1127 or email: email@example.com